Genymotion is a system that provide many Android virtual devices for testing. Genymotion is 100% compliant with Android APIs because we follow exactly the same rules as every Android device factory.
You can research about Genymotion in this link
How to install
To install Genymotion, follow the steps corresponding to your operating system.
1. To download Genymotion for Mac OS X:
- Download and install VirtualBox for OS X hosts from the Download VirtualBox page.
- When installing VirtualBox, in the Custom setup window, make sure VirtualBox Networking is enabled.
- When finished, reboot.
- Go to the Genymotion download page and download the Mac OS X 64-bit package.
- Open the
- Drag and drop Genymotion and Genymotion Shell to the Applications directory.
Almost every GNU/Linux system comes with an installer package for Oracle VM VirtualBox.
- Browse for the Oracle VM VirtualBox installer in your directories.
If you do not have the installer or if you need to install a specific version, download and install VirtualBox for Linux hosts from the Download VirtualBox page.
- Go to the Genymotion download page and download the Linux package corresponding to your system.
- Run the following commands:
chmod +x <Genymotion installer path>/genymotion-<version>_<arch>.bin cd <Genymotion installer path> ./genymotion-<version>_<arch>.bin -d <Genymotion installer path>
- Run Genymotion using the following command:
cd <Genymotion installer path> ./genymotion
Create new virtual device:
- Start Genymotion
- Create new virtual device
Integrate Genymotion with Android Studio: You can read this link: link
Genymotion is powerful tool for testing app. Developers can test app with many devices (a lot of Android OS version, a lot of screen size).